Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A better shortcake

I found a great recipe I want to share with you. Actually the website is pretty cool too, from what I've seen. If you want to eat smarter, check it out. They use the word "healthify" - it's what I've been trying to do to my diet, although I have to admit that cheese is still a weakness.

I found strawberries on sale and looking great recently, so wanted a shortcake to go with them. The recent "lump of dough baked on a cookie sheet" shortcakes weren't making my mouth water. Then I found this. http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/healthified/healthified-strawberry-shortcake-squares.aspx. Yum!! Very light but tasty. I used the no-sugar added applesauce instead of the oil and it turned out just perfect. I ran out of strawberries before I ran out of cake, so used some of what remains in tonight's tiramisu trifles. I still have three small squares remaining and I think I'm going to put those in a baking dish and top them with some canned peaches and cinammon and nutmeg.

By the way, the tiramisu picture and recipe will come later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment