Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Catching Up


I'm still here. I haven't stopped cooking (or eating, although I really should probably at least slow down.


We ate out a bit this past weekend, but here are some of the things I've made since my last entry:


Chinese chicken and noodle salad: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chinese_chicken_noodle_salad.html. I didn't take a picture of it though. We really liked it and I'll make it again. I didn't have almonds, so omitted them (none of the nuts I had on hand sounded like they'd really work with the rest of the ingredients). I also used canned chicken breast meat instead of poaching a breast and shredding it, which kept me from needing to cook much on a really hot day!


Saturday night we ate the rest of the sweet potato raviolis from Monday, which I had frozen. They were every bit as delicious after having been in the freezer for a few days.


Sunday one of our meals was turkey keilbasa subs with peppers and onions. I saved the remainder of the veggies for use in fajitas, which we had for lunch on Tuesday (John telecommutes one day a week when he can).


We went out for lunch Monday, but I continued the Meatless Monday brand new tradition for dinner by making polenta and eggplant pie. That's the picture at the top of the blog entry. The recipe comes from Epicurious.com, on my phone app. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Polenta-Pie-with-Cheese-and-Tomato-Sauce-234993 I did not have the spaghetti sauce with eggplant, so I cut up half of a small eggplant, diced it and put it in the sauce (arrabiata) to simmer for awhile. It was okay. The cheese was the best part (one can never have too much cheese). If I make it again, I will choose a sauce with a little bit less attitude. It gave me heartburn.
I didn't take a picture of dinner Tuesday night. We'd had a good sized lunch and were still fairly full. I made tuna sandwiches (on homemade potato bread - yum!) and a salad. I don't think any of you need a visual on that - if you do, you're beyond my help in the kitchen :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment