Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday Pork Chops


This recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I have pork chops thawed. The original came from the Food section of the Washington Post many years ago. And whadya know, I found it online courtesy of the Post too: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2003/04/30/1144-pork-chops/. It really works, and it's really easy!
I didn't find the sauce recipe online (I looked, but I'm not going to claim I scoured the internet...). It was published in the Post the same day as the pork chop recipe. I've also made the Bourbon and Mustard sauce that's linked to the page the pork chop recipe is on - it's also very good, although I have a slight preference for the mustard-marsala one.
Mustard-Marsala-Cream Sauce:
1/4 cup marsala
1 Tbl coarse grained mustard
1/2 cup half and half (recipe calls for heavy cream - it's just as good with half and half)
When you remove the pork chops from the pan, add the marsala to deglaze it, upping the temperature of the burner to get it boiling and reduce it a little. Add the mustard, then the cream. Pour on top of pork chop. It's also ridiculously good on the veggies!
I didn't take a picture of dessert. I made "Magic Bars" - basic recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/magic-cookie-bars-from-eagle-brand/detail.aspx . This is a recipe that lends itself well to whatever goodies you have on hand. I used chopped macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, in addition to the coconut. I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk. We both liked it. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment